Choosing the Right House Plan, How to Find Everything You Need to Know
Choosing the right house plan that will suit your lifestyle is a daunting task. It can be easy to choose exterior home design plans, provided you know what exterior home designs you're looking for. If you don't know what style of home design online you're looking for, read below to keep certain factors in mind.
Choosing the Right House Plan, Thoughts You Need to Consider
- Lifestyle Requirements - Let's face it, home plans can be very boiler plate and confining if you let them. You need to consider how you like to live. Do you like a lot of space of is a subdivision lot suitable? Do you plan on expanding your family or are you near retirement age? Do you want to live near certain amenities (golf courses, mountain views, beach views) or is rural farm living your cup of tea? These are just some questions you should ask yourself before you start to look at different home floor plans.
- Personal Privacy Requirements - you might want a more private bed room or living space. You might want a lot of light coming into your home without the ability for people outside to see into different areas of your house. Consider these issues because it will influence the final design of your home.
- Interior Conveniences - Would you like an upstairs laundry room? Do you want a personal home theater room, game room, or Jacuzzi room? Think about how large these hobby rooms will be and where these rooms will be placed in your plans.
- Furniture Type - consider the plans you have with how your furniture will be placed inside the home. If you are planning to use your current furniture, your home design should provide the right amount of space for it. The type of furniture and it's placement in your home are huge considerations in the look and feel of your masterpiece.
- Home Landscaping Designs - the natural surroundings of the home will have a lot to do with how you ultimately plan. Think about the home landscape designs and ideas you will implement when planning. Will you build a pool, deck, patio, outdoor fireplace, screened porch, Gazebo, playground, sports court, or a guest house? The planning that goes into your curbside appeal can increase the value of your home in the right neighborhoods.
Different Home Floor Plans and Design Options
Once you have your personal requirements cleared up, you will need to start the journey to choosing the right house plan for you! This is very exciting, so sit back and browse the options before you.
Home Floor Plans
- this section of the website show you a range of different home style information. Everything from the best selling home plans on the market to different aspects of home design trends. It displays a vast number of styles and explains their history and origins! The best information available for your learning curve in home design and choosing the right house plan.
Luxury Home Plans
- this section of the website shows the upper echelon of home design styles for the reader with more expensive tastes. We will discuss the styles shown and why they are considered luxury.
Unique Home Plans
- these plans are houses that do not subscribe to a typical historical style. The fun part of it is that you can have any design or theme that interests you. Though they are not bound by style structures, they typically come with large windows, roof lines that are a bit over the top and informal, open floor designs.
Small Home Plans
- these plans have floor plans that are compact. They may often be the best option if you are looking at a second home. The design is easy on the pocket, cozy and comfortable. If you are into minimalist home designs, this one is just right for you.
Log Home Plans
- this section will discuss the type and styles of log homes plans that are available to you. We will discuss the planning, maintenance, and misconceptions about log homes.
Mobile Home Floor Plans
- these plans are slightly biased towards the rural areas. In these styles of homes, you get anything between a movable single wide traditional trailer and the massive double wide home floor plan styles with foundations.
Home Addition Plans
- this section is for you if you discover that building a new home just isn't in the budget. You figure, it would just be cheaper and easier to add onto your existing home. Here we will discuss what home extensions and additions work best for different styles of houses. If you are into minimalist home designs, this section is just for you.
Green Home Plans
- going green is taking the nation by storm. Green living can really save you money in utilities if you plan to build the home green from the start. Retrofitting (trying to install green components) after you build your home, doesn't work well and is very expensive in residential construction. Learn different ways to build your home green and save long term money on various monthly bills.
No matter what you are looking for, remember to have an estimate of your needs and costs when choosing the right house plan. Reading about home design online can be easy and not complicated! All it takes is your brain and motivation to plan what you want and build accordingly! Go about it in a planned manner and you will have a house that is your pride and joy for years to come!
You Might Also Like: